One of the most popular exterior door replacement projects is replacing the front door of the home. Expert Window & Door can help you update the look of your home with a new entry door made from several different materials: mahogany or other exotic species of wood, fiberglass made to look like real wood, or aluminum clad patio doors. There are many options from doors in stock locally to custom items that take several weeks to get. We are happy to walk you through your options.
In addition to front doors, many people are looking to update the look of their other doors or to change the use of certain spaces in their homes by opening up walls with glass. Folding doors, where doors fold up like an accordion to the side of the door, or multi-slide doors, where several door panels slide over one another to create very large openings in the wall, are both very popular today.
Entry Doors: Wood Doors
JELD-WEN’s IWP Custom Wood door division produces the finest, furniture grade entry doors available.
- Doors are SOLID species – not a thin veneer over a pine core like most doors.
- Reverse grain laminated to reduce warpage
- Prefinished in the factory – panels are finished before assembly, hinge routes are finished
- Mouldings are built like a picture frame so they wont come apart
- Stiles and Rails are joined with a spline joint for greater strength
- 5-year warranty on the door and the finish
- Multiple species and texturing options are available
Buffelen Wood Doors
- 100 yr. old wood door manufacturer
- Engineered stiles and rails with veneers made to order
- Douglas Fir is the predominant species but other species are available like: Pine, Cherry, Alder
- Solid wood and French doors with Simulated Divided lites are available
- Buffelen doors provided through a partnership with Boise Cascade
Entry Doors: Fiberglass
JELD-WEN’S IWP Aurora Custom fiberglass doors are unique in the industry
- Aurora doors are a fiberglass COPY of a real wood door – down to the knots and grain patterns.
- Looks identical to real wood but the door has a solid skin of hand-applied fiberglass
- Eliminates the chance of panel splitting or moving
- Ideal for harsh sun environments
- For the client who wants a wood door without the possibility of problems a real wood door can present.
- Factory prefinished in a variety of stain colors with antiquing available also
- 5 year warranty on the door and the finish – see warranty.
ThermaTru Fiberglass doors
- Available in wood grain or smooth fiberglass in a wide variety of sizes and designs
- Lifetime warranty on most products when a complete ThermaTru unit is used. See warranty.
- ThermaTru offers the most complete line of designs and options in the fiberglass entry door market
- Visit www.thermatru.com to use their product builder to design your perfect door. Then send us the design with our contact forms
- Pulse Modern door designs are a new ThermaTru option where you can design your own Modern entry door.